Project Management Professional (PMP) Examination Preparatory
Live Virtual Class
Key points about this course
Duration: 5 Days
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Course Fee: RM 4,590.00
HRD Corp Claimable Course
Project Management Professional (PMP) is the world’s leading project management certification. Now including predictive, agile and hybrid approaches, the PMP® proves project leadership experience and expertise in any way of working.
Using an interactive learning approach, participants are taken through the examination material with discussions, exercises and case studies. Simulated exams are held to provide examination familiarity and reviews of the examination questions build confidence and practice in thinking from the “PMI perspective”.
This PMP course syllabus is aligned with the PMBOK Guide 7th Edition. The course in Malaysia is available face-to-face classroom or through live virtual class.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for participants who intend to sit the examinations of the Project Management Institute (PMI®) to achieve the Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential.
It is also suitable for participants who want to achieve a thorough grounding in project management best practices in accordance with PMI’s global standard the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
At the end of this course, participants with:
This Project Management Professional (PMP) course provides participants with the knowledge and confidence to sit the PMP® examination to maximize their capability for success.
The individuals and the organization would benefit from project managers and team members equipped with a PMI® credential. In addition, they would gain from the discussions and exercises involving a professional and structured approach to project management.
- Build a Team Successful Projects
- Define Team Ground Rules
- Negotiate Project Agreements
- Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
- Train Team Members and Stakeholders
- Engage and Support Virtual Teams
- Build Shared Understanding About a Project
- Determine Appropriate Project Methodology/Methods And Practices
- Plan and Manage Scope
- Plan and Manage Budget and Resources
- Plan and Manage Schedule
- Plan and Manage Quality of Products and Deliverables
- Integrate Project Planning Activities
- Plan and Manage Procurement
- Establish Project Governance Structure
- Plan and Manage Project/Phase Closure
- Assess and Manage Risks
- Execute Project to Deliver Business Value
- Manage Communications
- Engage Stakeholders
- Create Project Artifacts
- Manage Project Changes
- Manage Project Issues
- Ensure Knowledge Transfer for Project Continuity
- Lead a Team
- Support Team Performance
- Address and Remove Impediments, Obstacles, and Blockers
- Manage Conflict
- Collaborate With Stakeholders
- Mentor Relevant Stakeholders
- Apply Emotional Intelligence to Promote Team Performance
- Manage Compliance Requirements
- Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and Value
- Evaluate and Address Internal and External Business Environment Changes
- Support Organizational Change
- Employ Continuous Process Improvement
About the PMP Certification
The Project Management Professional (PMP)® is the world’s leading project management certification. It covers comprehensive predictive, agile, and hybrid approaches. This makes the PMP® is perfectly ideal for project leadership experience and expertise in any way of working.
It tells the organization or hiring manager that your ability to work smarter and perform better. This certification is designed to validate that you are highly skilled in:
- Business Environment
Take this certification exam at home or in your office, when it fits your schedule.
PMP Certification Requirements
Gain and Maintain Your PMP
PMP Exam Fee
Frequently Asked Questions
PMP stands for Project Management Professional, which is a globally recognized professional certification offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). It certifies an individual’s knowledge and experience in project management and their ability to lead and direct projects effectively.
PMP certification is a professional credential awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI) to individuals who meet specific education and experience criteria and successfully pass the examination.
The PMP exam consists of 180 questions. Test takers are allotted 230 minutes to complete the exam.
Following are the steps:
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet PMI’s educational and professional experience requirements.
- Complete Training: Obtain 35 hours of formal project management training.
- Study: Review the PMBOK® Guide and other PMP resources.
- Apply: Submit an application on PMI’s website.
- Schedule & Take Exam: Once approved, schedule your exam at a Pearson VUE center.
After ensuring you meet the eligibility criteria and completing the required 35 hours of training, submit your application via the PMI website. Once your application is approved, you can schedule and take the PMP examination at a Pearson VUE testing center or online.
Register for the PMP exam by creating an account on the PMI website, completing the required details about your education and experience, and submitting the application. Once approved, you can schedule your exam date through Pearson VUE.
Some take the exam immediately post-training, others might wait for weeks or months for additional preparation.
Remember: There’s a one-year eligibility window from approval to sit for the exam.
You can take your exam at a Pearson Vue Testing Center (recommended) available in Malaysia or securely online.
Preparing for the PMP certification involves:
- Studying the PMBOK® Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge) extensively.
- Enrolling in a PMP prep course to cover all exam topics.
- Taking mock exams to gauge readiness.
- Joining study groups or forums for discussion and clarification on tough topics.
- Regularly reviewing key formulas, processes, and concepts.
- Those with a track record in leading and managing projects.
- Individuals looking to solidify their knowledge and enhance their career prospects.
- Professionals leading a team towards a goal or deliverable and wanting to understand project management practices.
- Those who assist in project activities and aim to take on larger roles.
- Professionals advising companies on projects, looking to validate their expertise.
- Individuals who are involved or invested in project outcomes and wish to have a better understanding of the process.
The PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification is valid for 3 years. To maintain the certification beyond this period, certificate holders must earn 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) within these 3 years. After earning the required PDUs, one can renew the certification for another 3-year cycle.
PDUs are about continuous learning and contributing to the profession. Therefore, you can do the followings:
Education (At least 35 PDUs):
- Attend workshops, courses, or webinars on project management.
- Learn online via PMI or other platforms.
- Read relevant books or articles (limited PDUs).
Giving Back (Up to 25 PDUs):
- Work actively in a project management role (max 8 PDUs).
- Write or create content on project management.
- Mentor, coach, or speak at events.
- Volunteer in project management capacities.
- Log PDUs on PMI’s CCR system.
- Keep records of all PDU activities.
- After earning 60 PDUs, renew your certification on PMI’s platform.
Make sure to spread out PDU activities over the 3 years and always refer to PMI for specific guidelines.
Yes, PMP certification is considered valuable in the project management profession. It enhances credibility, opens up better job opportunities, and often leads to higher salaries. The certification also signifies a standardized level of knowledge and expertise in project management.
PMBOK 7 refers to the 7th edition of the Project Management Body of Knowledge, which is a set of standard terminology and guidelines for project management. The PMBOK Guide is published by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and is widely recognized as a standard for project management practices.